Many dog owners know for a fact that it is inevitable for the owner to get a little slack with naming their dog after a human name like Susan or ellen. It is leftover of why unique humans name their dogs in pride but can cause public attention or confusion. My dogs’ name is such. He’s named Sam and when I actually go out into public and focus on a walk near a public site, I am aware that there might be women and men named Sam. So, you have to be careful. Discussing this with my parents, they would blame me for naming my dog after a human being. It can be very dramatic and can lead to strange people criticizing you. Many have said to me, well you should have gone for a different unique name like buster or royal. Thinking about it now, I would have to be silly to listen to that advice. That is why I compiled a list of human names given to dogs and show why they are suitable by its meaning. Here is the top ten:
- Bob- Meaning The name Bob is a German Baby Names baby name. In German Baby Names the meaning of the name Bob is: Famed, bright; shining. An all-time favorite boys’ name since the Middle Ages. Famous Bearers: Scottish national hero Robert the Bruce and novelist Robert Ludlum.
- Milo-Meaning Of Germanic origin, Milo is of uncertain derivation. It might be derived from the German mild (mild, peaceful, calm), which is from the Old German root milan (to mill, beat, crush, or rub until fine or tender). Alternatively, it might be from the Old Slavonic root milu (merciful).
- Kelly-Meaning The name Kelly comes from the Gaelic tradition, and it means warrior. … Kelly is the English form of the ancient Irish Gaelic name Ceallach. It is also said to be transferred from the Cornish name celli, which means wood or grove. It is a very popular Irish name meaning war, lively, and aggressive
- Chris-Meaning The name Chris is a boy’s name of English origin meaning “one who carries Christ”.
- Louie- Meaning Origin: English. Meaning: Famous Warrior. The name Louie means Famous Warrior and is of English origin. Louie is a name that’s been used by parents who are considering baby names for boys. Diminutive form of Louis or Louise, or a name on its own.
- George-Meaning The name George is a Greek Baby Names baby name. In Greek Baby Names the meaning of the name George is: From ‘georgos’ meaning tiller of the soil, or farmer. Famous bearer: St George, patron saint of England, who struggled with a fire breathing dragon symbolizing the devil.
- Molly-Meaning Molly as a girl’s name is of Irish origin and is a pet form of Mary meaning “star of the sea”. It has been in use since the late Middle Ages
- Linda-Meaning Of various derivations, Linda is formed from the Spanish linda (beautiful, pretty). It is also a short form of any of the Germanic compound names containing the element lind (tender, soft, weak). Alternatively, Linda is used as a short form of Belinda, which is a name of uncertain origin.
- Teddy-Meaning In English Baby Names the meaning of the name Teddy is: Wealthy guardian. From the Old English name Eadweard, meaning rich or happy, and guardian. Also a diminutive of Edgar: Fortunate and powerful.
- Tommy-Meaning Origin: English. Meaning: A Twin. The name Tommy means A Twin and is of English origin. Tommy is a name that’s been used by parents who are considering baby names for boys. Diminutive form of the name Thomas.
However often these kinds of names are used, many trusts the fact that pet owners are not doing harm but good. For in the end, whatever name you choose you must know that it all depends on you.